Coquina Taupe Basket
- handwoven, hand-dyed sweetgrass & sisal
- dusty pink faux leather top handle
- cream faux leather adjustable shoulder strap
- peach removable, hand-stitched linen pouch
- adjustable shoulder strap attaches to the top handle for optional cross-body
- 4.5" top handle, 22" removable shoulder strap
Behind the Design: Our signature sweetgrass baskets are handwoven with heart by artisans in Rwanda. Practicing a time-honored Rwandan weaving technique, the artisans use a needle and thread to wrap hand-dyed strands of sisal (the inside fibers of an agave plant) around bunches of sweetgrass to create tightly coiled, durable baskets in an impressive range of patterns and colors. Depending on the size and shape, each basket can take one weaver anywhere from 60-70 hours to make!